After the Christmas day plane bomber Oregon Women’s Report readers were asked if they might feel like canceling a plane trip due to increased terrorism fears. By a two-thirds majority most women say they feel confident and safe enough to continue their air travels.
– Many years ago when I was planning on going to Germany, and terrorists had just blown up an American Club.
– I haven’t flown since September, 11th
– Yes because I feel they are very real
– However, I no longer want to fly because Homeland Security does not do their job and because they haven’t, flying has become invasive and inconvenient.
– I flew to Europe on March 17, 2002 – the day the war started.
– I would cancel a flight because what I see scares the daylights out of me. It would make flying a nervous wreck which is already stressful to me.
– Our skies have been safe for nearly 10 years. Why fret now?