December 6, 2012
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- NW ballerina in a surprising Gothic mys...
- So You Want to Be a Fashion Designer
- The ultimate design behind our lives
December 6, 2012
3 Prizes: $50, $35 & $25.
Student Prize: $40
Previously written or published material gladly accepted!!!
Wouldn’t you love to honor a special friendship and win a cash prize? Maybe even take your “winning” friend out to lunch! Here’s your chance…now you can put your friendship into words and share it with thousands of readers at Oregon Women’s Report. Your friend will feel loved and appreciated when she sees your article online. You will encourage girlfriends everywhere. This is a uniquely close-to-home opportunity for Oregon women writers to reach a local audience. If you are already a local author and/or blogger, we will promote your blog, book or website if your article is chosen. Good luck!
Word Count: Under 450 words (suggested).
Deadline: December 6th, 2012
Requirements: Author must live in Oregon.
Why you could win: This is not a distant and impersonal national contest with 10,000 submissions. This is a local opportunity just among us women in Oregon.
Free promotion: For authors and bloggers we will gladly link and promote your websites and books.
Submit Articles: You can submit article either (1) inside an email or (2) attach as either Word, TXT or Rich Text Format. Email to Oregon@oregonreport.com with subject line “Girlfriend Writing Contest”.
Please fill & email the application below.
2. Mailing Address:
5. Zip Code:
6. Contact phone number:
7. Are you an author? (if yes, please provide a web link):
8. Do you have a blog? (If yes, please provide link):
9. How did you discover the contest?
10. Are you a member of any local writing group? (if yes, let us know)
11. Are you a student applying for the student prize?
Stay up to date with the latest political news and commentary from Oregon Women's Report through weekly email updates:
Prefer another subscription option? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, become a fan on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.