December 31, 2012
- Book Review: Message in a Body
- Author, Ex-Sr. Obama advisor to speak i...
- Review: We were winning when I was ther...
- ‘Decision Tree’ book signin...
December 31, 2012
Like many bloggers, in the closing days of 2012, I am reflecting back on the year that was. Successes, disappointments, frustrations, and a lot of laughter, too. It’s all there. Summarizing the year into a single word, I’d call it a curve. As in learning curve. But I was also tried to recall a single moment in 2012 that really stood out from the rest.
There was that ONE moment.
My memory jogged back to the T-mobile store a couple months ago, and I shuddered.
As the sales guy wrestled my phone open to replace my fried SIM card, a shower of dog hair floated from the phone’s guts to the countertop.
How does dog hair get INSIDE my phone? In that moment, I felt my face burning. Dog hair? Inside my phone? Who has dog hair inside their phone?
I do, apparently.
The embarrassment was quickly followed by surrender. I own a Bloodhound. I’m with her almost all day, every day… so now there’s dog hair covering this man’s work station. Apologize profusely.
Still, as I cast about for a MOMENT, why did this one come to mind first? I don’t have an answer, but…
1. This moment wasn’t symbolic of 2012. ( I hope not!)
2. This will never happen again (because I will slide the cover off myself and blow out the dog hair before I return to T-mobile).
3. If I worked there, fixing people’s cell phones all day long, I wonder where dog fur would rate on the scale of gross phone moments?
Anyway, this is my final post of 2012. I hope your year has been a good one, and that 2013 will bring you happiness, entertainment, and all that you seek. And don’t forget to check back here on January 1st, when I begin a nine-day advice-a-thon with 8 superbly talented authors I’m anxious to introduce you to. What will we be talking about? Resolutions, of course!
no comments yet
Stay up to date with the latest political news and commentary from Oregon Women's Report through weekly email updates:
Prefer another subscription option? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, become a fan on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.