Below is an amazing list of overpriced items from the minds at Walletprop — read the article to get the full surprising picture.
1. Text messages: 6,000% markup
2. Bottled water: 4,000% markup
3. Movie theater popcorn: 1,275% markup
4. Brand name drugs: 200% – 3,000% markup
5. Hotel mini bar: 400% markup
6. Coffee: 300% markup
7. Wine: 300% markup
8. Greeting cards: 200% markup
9. Hotel in-room movies: 200% markup
10. Pre-cut vegetables and fruits: 40% markup
Don’t be too enraged because some perspective is in order. For instance, on brand name drugs it often takes a billion dollars to research and invent the perfect pill with much trial and error.
Disclaimer: Articles featured on Oregon Report are the creation, responsibility and opinion of the authoring individual or organization which is featured at the top of every article.