by Julie Nolta
Julie Nolta Design
‘Tis the season for Christmas parties and company coming over to celebrate. We work hard to decorate our homes to inspire holiday cheer, and the powder room or hall bath should be no exception. Just a few touches will make your guests feel like you’ve thought of everything to make them feel welcome. Here are some ideas:
- Christmas decorating doesn’t have to be limited to red and green. Work with the colors you’re already using in your room, and just add silver or gold items.
- Light a few candles to add warmth and a Christmas-y scent.
- Change out the every day artwork for something seasonal. An inexpensive option? Frame some Christmas cards from years past, vintage postcards, or cute kids drawings of Santa, the tree, or whatever fits the theme you might be using. Or use gift wrap and ribbon to turn your current picture frames into “gifts” you can hang back on the wall.
- Drape some garland over the mirror and hang snowflakes or ornaments from ribbons. Or run some greens along the back of the countertop and include your favorite decorative items: pine cones, strings of glass beads, etc.
- Fill a bowl or glass container with colorful ornaments. This could also double as a candle-holder.
- Put fresh guest soaps in a decorative dish or buy some holiday-scented hand gel.
- Lay a holiday towel next to the sink for guests to dry their hands after using the lovely-smelling soap.
- And my favorite tip? Adding anything glittery and sparkly in whatever color you decorate with will instantly say “Christmas.”
May the spirit of Christmas decorate your homes and your hearts this season!
Disclaimer: Articles featured on Oregon Report are the creation, responsibility and opinion of the authoring individual or organization which is featured at the top of every article.