May 7, 2010
- Catching the Wind wins national award
- Book Review: Message in a Body
- Author, Ex-Sr. Obama advisor to speak i...
- Review: We were winning when I was ther...
May 7, 2010
After the Christmas day plane bomber Oregon Women’s Report readers were asked if they might feel like canceling a plane trip due to increased terrorism fears. By a two-thirds majority most women say they feel confident and safe enough to continue their air travels.
– Many years ago when I was planning on going to Germany, and terrorists had just blown up an American Club.
– I haven’t flown since September, 11th
– Yes because I feel they are very real
– However, I no longer want to fly because Homeland Security does not do their job and because they haven’t, flying has become invasive and inconvenient.
– I flew to Europe on March 17, 2002 – the day the war started.
– I would cancel a flight because what I see scares the daylights out of me. It would make flying a nervous wreck which is already stressful to me.
– Our skies have been safe for nearly 10 years. Why fret now?
no comments yet
Stay up to date with the latest political news and commentary from Oregon Women's Report through weekly email updates:
Prefer another subscription option? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, become a fan on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.